(Item Found in Spice&Herb Kit*)
- 2 medium globe eggplant (cut into small rectangles)
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 container (32 oz or 2 lb) Plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tsp red chili powder*
- 1 tsp salt*
- 2 tsp chaat masala*
- 1 tsp cumin seeds*
- In a pot add water and the eggplants that have been cut into small rectangles.
- Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 20 min.
- Then take the lid off and check to see if the water is all dried up.
- If not then increase heat and mix until the water is gone and you are left with just boiled eggplant.
- In a large bowl add 1 container of plain whole milk yogurt.
- Add the spices into the bowl with the yogurt and mix using a wisp.
- Let the boiled eggplant sit until it has cooled down to room temperature.
- Add the eggplant into the bowl with the yogurt and spice mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hr and then serve. Add fresh cilantro on top for some garnish (optional).